WILD ROSE TRAIL: This week I chose a trail near Salt Lake City. My expectations were less than the trail elevation and the trail ended up “OK” at best. Perhaps it was the low expectations that set the mood for this hike. I started out by taking easily duplicate able videos with the lens cap on. On a side note I managed to see a spider on top of the snow as well as what appeared to be all of a birds feathers but no bird! Honestly, I was more excited about my post hike smoothie than this hike! Check out the recipe on my edibles page and or by clicking HERE!
- Location: North Salt Lake
- Parking: More than enough at trailhead
- Difficulty: Easy
- Travel Congestion: I didn’t see a sole!
- Estimate Elevation: 340ft
- Distance: 1.7mi
- Trail Type: Loop
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- City Views– If you are looking for an awesome sky picture, over the city, at sunset, you have come to the right place.
- Defined Trail- The trail is easy to navigate, crowding was not an issue, and the limited elevation made for a nice easy walk.
- Kid Friendly- Would be perfect for kids since there is a playground and picnic area at the entrance with facilities.
- Can’t Escape the City: I normally like to escape the city when I hike, that being impossible on this trail.
- Poo!: There was a lot of poo on the trail. Please clean up after your dogs! Purchase your poo bags HERE!
- Slick: The melting snow was a bit shifty which made it a little more challenging. The mud was not bad, yet, but will be in the upcoming days.
SNACKS: Green Machine Smoothie
Summer Spliffs by Broke For Free http://brokeforfree.bandcamp.com/ Creative Commons — Attribution 3.0 Unported — CC BY 3.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/… Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/emnDN1l0pzc